I am updating this post in mid June of 2019 with some Elitch Gardens Denver news. Located in the heart of Denver and celebrating 129 years of fun, Elitch Gardens is Colorado’s only world-class combination theme and water park. From thrilling roller coasters to pint-sized adventures, a splashin’ water park and tons of special events, there’s thrills for all. The park is open April through October. This year, there’s more entertainment than ever before with exciting new family shows, Dive-In Movies, a free summer concert series and three stunning fireworks extravaganzas that will light up the Denver skyline, plus Fright Fest in October! And don’t miss the breathtaking views of Denver atop the 20-story Observation Tower or while plummeting 200 feet on the Tower of Doom.
NEW – Meow Wolf’s Kaleidoscape – Take the Ride 2019
Named in USA Today and LA Times as One of the
Top 10 Most Anticipated New Rides in 2019!
Take a ride on the wild side…of Art. Meow Wolf’s Kaleidoscape is a mind-bending journey unlike any other. Join us on an odyssey of creative discovery through immersive art landscapes. Meow Wolf’s Kaleidoscape is not a rollercoaster. It’s a thrill ride for the mind. The newest installation from the brains behind House of Eternal Return takes passengers on an interactive, artist-driven journey. Take the ride!
Save up to $29 Off Main Gate Price at Elitch Gardens–ONLINE ONLY
EXCLUSIVE ColoradoKids.com Daily Ticket, Birthday Party and Group Ticket Discounts
Over the weekend, Ryp and I went to Elitch Gardens in Denver to celebrate our anniversary. We took our good friends, Kelly and Scott, with us because they are just a lot of fun. Usually when we head to Elitch’s, we have a bunch of kids with us and I end up herding and holding stuff the whole time. I am excited to share with you ten reasons to double date at the amusement park. Elitch Gardens hosted us with fabulous Rapid Ride passes in exchange for this post. The ideas and opinions are my own.
1. The food is awesome and sharing it with you date is super fun.
2. The games are silly and funny to play. These guys climbing the ladder had us in hysterics.
3. When your date wins a prize, you get it. I think this clever super chicken is fantastic.
4. With VIP Rapid Ride passes, there is no need to wait in lines.
5. There are so many beautiful and peaceful places to stop and be mindful.
6. There are great shops filled with awesome things to buy, like cotton candy!
7. The art of play is so important to keeping balance and healthy life. Being silly and playing is just plain old good for a relationship! Of course, taking selfies is pretty fun!
8. Some of the rides get a person soaked, which is really a lot of fun. It is best when the sun is shining and dries out your shoes. We laughed like crazy on Shipwreck Falls.
9. Being with friends at Elitch Gardens creates so many opportunities for making marvelous memories!
10. The tenth reason it is awesome to take your date to Elitch Gardens is the way the magic of the park takes you back to your childhood!
So, hop on over to the Elitch Gardens website and start making your plans.
If you are taking kiddos, here is another post that shares lots of ideas for that kind of day at the park.