I am not sure what I love more about these gluten free cake mix crinkle cookies with coconut milk whipped topping, the fact that I can totally and safely gobble up their deliciousness or the fact that they are super darling. When I first met the team at Hungry Harry’s during a conference in 2018, I was immediately smitten. Harry is a doll. His parents are brilliant, kind and so on-board for making the best life they can for their kiddo. The cake, pancake and muffin mixes are amazing. Best of all, I can eat them!
As a brand new company launching, like right now in time launching, I am proud to have this opportunity to introduce Hungry Harry’s to you! I am sharing a recipe I made with the yellow cake mix for gluten free crinkle cookies with coconut milk whipped topping. This post is sponsored by Hungry Harry’s but the ideas and opinions are my own. The cake mix will be on the market VERY soon so make sure you are following along.
Before you can make the cookies, you have to first make the coconut milk whipped topping. I recommend making this a day ahead as it will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream Recipe
- 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk – Chilled
- 2 TB Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract (If Desired)
- Open the can of coconut milk and remove the layer of solidified coconut cream stopping when you reach the water.
- Place the cream in a mixing bowl. Do NOT use the water in this recipe. It is great for other things like drinking on its own.
- Whip the cream for about five minutes until fluffy with electric beaters. Add sugar and flavors.
- Serve on top of a delightful treat like pancakes, hot cocoa or berries.
Okay, now let’s make the gluten free cake mix crinkle cookies with coconut milk whipped topping!
- 17 OZ Mix Hungry Harry's Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Egg or Egg Substitute (Beaten)
- 1/2 C Whipped Cream (Coconut Whipped Cream if Dairy Free)
- 1/2 C Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar for Rolling Cookies In Before Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except powdered sugar.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls through powdered sugar.
- Bake on cookie sheet (use parchment paper) for 10-11 minutes until edges are golden.
The dough will be sticky, very sticky. You will just have to deal with it. Dropping a spoonful of dough into a bowl of powdered sugar then rolling the balls helped us a bunch.
Serve the cookies with extra whipped cream in between and Valentine’s Day sprinkles for an extra treat because sprinkles make everything a little more festive.
Hungry Harry’s cake mix is free from dairy, peanuts, eggs, gluten soy, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, sesame, mustard, lupins, caseins, sulphites, mullosks and celery. That just makes my heart so happy because it just does.
If you want to add a little tag to your cookies to pass out for Valentines, you can download this free printable full of them!
Cheers to Baking Delicious and Darling Gluten and Dairy Free Treats,
Oh wait, you want to meet Harry! Here he is. He is every bit as charismatic as this picture might have you think. Be on the lookout. This kiddo is up to great things!