It is really kind of fun to explore ways to create gluten free treats. Today I made gluten free chocolate chip griddle cookies using a baking mix from Hungry Harry’s and a few other ingredients from the pantry. This recipe came to be because our oven is broken. I don’t think it is really totally broken but I tried to self-clean it over the weekend and can’t get it to open now. Looking on the bright side, it has forced me to get a little more creative than usual and try new things, like these gluten free chocolate chip griddle cookies. This post is sponsored by Hungry Harry’s but the ideas and opinions are my own.
Okay, let’s make some gluten free chocolate chip griddle cookies. The trick is in the batter consistency.
- 1 C Hungry Harriy's Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1/4 C Chocolate Chips
- Mix first three ingredients together until a ball is formed.
- Add chocolate chips and knead them into the ball.
- Make 12 round dough balls.
- Heat griddle to 325 degrees (until a few drops of water dance on it). If your griddle is a non-stickm you do not need to put any oil on it, otherwise do.
- Put the dough balls on the griddle and press gently down in the centers. When the bottom lightly browns, flip the cookie over to brown other side.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Makes 1 Dozen
When you are cooking on the griddle, be super mindful. The temperature might need to be turned down if the cookies are browning too quickly.
Check them often to determine when to flip over.
These gluten free chocolate chip griddle cookies are great hot and cooled. They are yummy served with ice cream.
They also make a great treat for a friend. Here is a little printable tag that you might want to print and add to a batch to spread kindness!
Stay tuned! Hungry Harry’s is coming soon with the most amazing gluten free and allergy friendly mixes. I cannot wait to share more!
Cheers to Cookies and Kindness,