DIY Teacher Appreciation – School Felt Crafts
I love Back to School season and all things for teachers. I whipped up this adorable garland that I created with Kunin Felt. Back to School season is really an awesome time to get back in the swing of a new routine for your kiddos and your family. DIY crafts and decorations are fabulous ways to connect and bond as a family to prep for the new year. Crafting with felt is a cost effective way to create darling decorations in realistic amounts of time. I am excited to know which of these DIY Teacher Appreciation Ideas you will love most.
Let’s make the garland! You will need just five supplies/materials for this easy craft project.
- Kunin Felt (Premium for the Base Pieces and Basic for the Decorations)
- Felt Glue
- Permanent Marker
Cut 8 pieces of Premium Felt for the base pieces of your Back to School Felt Garland. (4 with fronts and backs). I used black.
Glue the four backs to the four fronts across the tops only using felt glue.
Cut out decorations for the base pieces. Use a permanent marker to add details for notebook paper and rulers.
The marker works so easily on the felt.
Add as many details as you would like.
Glue the decorative felt pieces to the bases. Hang the base pieces over a string of ribbon. DIY Teacher Appreciation gifts are so fun to make.
Here are seven more of my other favorite Back to School Felt Craft Ideas! These could be used for the beginning of the year, holidays gifting or anytime really. When I was teaching, the gifts given on random days were so appreciated.
- Apple Beanbags
- Easy Sew Chair Pocket
- Felt Storage Containers with Apple Wands
- Felt Pencil Pouch
- Recycled Denim Pocket Storage
- Felt Teacher Pennants
Ten Reasons to Craft up DIY Teacher Appreciation Gifts
I am going to say this again. Crafting is just a great idea. It is proven that crafting can be really good for mental and emotional health. Studies show that making and crafting can lower anxiety. Another benefit to crafting is that it creates connection. When we make things and give them to others, we spread kindness and love. Here are my top ten reasons to craft with kids, and I mean kids of all ages.
- Mental Health Benefits – Crafting puts me in a good mood.
- Self Expression – Crafting allows me to express myself.
- Education and Growth – I learn new skills by making things.
- Connection – Crafting connects me others through workshops, classes and gifting.
- Decor – Through making and crafting, I can totally customize every aspect of my decor.
- Gift Giving – Gifts is totally my love language. I love to make handmade gifts.
- Offline Time – Crafting keeps me off of my phone and social media. We all know this can be beneficial.
- Income – Because I craft and sell items that I make, I have an additional income source.
- Fun – I like to have fun and to me, making things is fun.
- Socializing – Attending events where crafting is a part gets me out and around others with like minds.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Cheers to Decorating and Getting Back in to the Swing of a New School Year,