Best Ever Recycled Craft Projects
I am so excited to share the best ever recycled craft projects. Many of these were made by me and lots of them were made by my crafty blogging buddies. I love taking things that might be considered trash and turning them into useful items, gifts and party decorations. I sure hope you find some recycled craft projects here that inspire you to make!
Recycled Projects with Denim Jeans
Whether the jeans wore out or the human outgrew them, keep them and turn them into something new. There are so many great ideas here for you.
- Recycled Jeans and Felt Apron
- Girl Scout Sit Upon With Jeans
- Kitchen Decor with Recycled Jeans
- Unicorn Pocket Pillow with Recycled Jeans
- Adorable Home Decor With Recycled Jeans
- Apron Made With Jeans
- Denim Pocket Purses by Ann Butler
- Pockets for Storage in the Classroom
- Upcycled Denim Stocking
- Denim No-Sew Dog Toy
Jar Crafts with Recycled Jars and Bottles
For the love of jars, there are so many things that can be made with them once the contents are used. Here are some of my best recycled crafts with jars. Furthermore, there are TONS of ideas of ways to use jars all over this creative blog.
- Mason Jar Fairly Lanterns
- Mason Jar Sewing Kit
- Super Cute Bathroom Storage with Recycled Jars by Makeable Crafts
- Fairy Lantern From Recycled Jar
- Home Decor from Recycled Bottles by Polka Dot Poplars
- Halloween Spell Jars
- Unicorn Wine Bottle by The Ruffled Daisy
- Soda Bottle Planters by Liz on Call
- Self Watering Planter by Tried and True Blog
- Glass Jar Decor from Recycled Jars
- Mason Jar BOX TOPS Collection Jar
- Recycled Crayon Cup from Diaper Cream Jar
Fun Recycling Crafts to Make With Kids
It is always fabulous to find fun recycling crafts to make with kids and I have lots of ideas here!
- Paper Tube Butterfly by Laura’s Crafty Life
- Tin Can Stilts for Kids
- Recycled Plastic Shrinky Dinks by Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Wind Chime with Marker Caps by Crafting Cheerfully
- Upcycled School Supply Storage by Jenny’s Crayon Collection
- DIY Magets with Melted Plastic Straws by Michelle’s Party Plan-Its
- Wind Chime Made with Keys
- Make a Journal From Old Books
- I SPY Game with Recycled Bottle
Home Decor From Recycled Items
Decorating the home with items that have been repurposed can create a very special feeling. Similarly, handmade items give a special touch to personal spaces. Here are some great ideas for home decor from recycled items.
- Home Decor with Recycled Maps by Creatively Beth
- Upcycled Wreath from Flip Flops by Creatively Beth
- Hanging Scroll Art by Doodle Craft Blog
- Letter Wall Art from Magazines by Smiling Colors Blog
- Cake Stand from Unexpected Items by Makeable Crafts
- Wine Crate Storage
- Upcycled Placemat Pillow
- Beautiful Upcycled Welcome Sign
- Recycled Tissue Paper Box
- T-Shirt Wall Art
- Floating Tea Cup Centerpiece
Recycled Crafts from Cardboard and Paper
I love using cereal boxes, shipping bags and greeting card to make into new things.
- Rainbow Art on Cardboard Box
- Notebooks from Recycled Cereal Boxes by Creatively Beth
- Recycled Journals by Lorrie McCullers
- Note Cards from Recycled Cardboard
- Flowers Made from Cereal Boxes
- Adorable Storage Container Made with Cardboard Box by Makeable Crafts
- Egg Carton Flowers
- Cardboard Tube Organizer
- Recycled Paper Tube Rainsticks
Other Crafts with Recycled Things
In addition to all of the crafts already share — there are so many more ideas of ways to use recycled things. For instance, bottle caps, burlap and plastic containers can all be used to make masterpieces.
- Upcycled Burlap Bag Friendship Flowers
- Tote Bag Painted with Bubble Wrap by AV Does What
- Magnets Made with Bottle Caps by Crafty Chica
- Penny Box by Creatively Beth
- Decorative Stand with Recycled Mardi Gras Beads by Makeable Crafts
- Recycled Frame Craft by We Can Make That
- Gratitude Canister from a Frosting Can
- Upcycled Jean Jacket with Patches
Team Creative Crafts
My Creative Crafts Team is sharing lots of ideas for recycling items into craft projects and DIYs. Check out these two from Beth and Ann.
Ann used a vintage linen from her grandmother and turned it into this beautiful heart ornament stuffed with Poly-Fil from Fairfield World. I think it is simply gorgeous.
Beth used Poly-Fil to make this awesome upcycled sweatshirt pillow.
Beth created this amazing wreath! I am IN LOVE with it.
Ann created these beautiful recycled flowers.
Have fun making these. Be sure to share these projects.
Cheers to recycling, upcycling, re-purposing and making all the things!
53 thoughts on “Best Ever Recycled Craft Projects”
I love the wind chimes made with the keys!
Love the jeans idea. I’ve been upcycling t shirts for years
This account for Pinterest isn’t coming up – whatsagirltodoblog
I would like to make a cute craft to do with pictures…
Thanks! I will go fix it now.
I love the cute paper tube butterfly! I made poinsettia ornaments one year from the tubes and they were really pretty! I also love the Letter Scroll Art from Magazines… awesome project!
I have some jar crafts I really want to get done before fall!
My kids love the Cardboard Rainbow Art!
My kids love finding old shirts or pieces of scrap fabrics and sewing up stuff for their Dolla, teddies, etc. They have so much fun expressing their creativity through different crafts. I like to fix up old pillows and blankets, either to repurpose as something different or because there’s a rip or less filling, haha.
I have lots of jean pieces and pockets so I would probably do the jeans one first.
The butterfly is cute. I would try and make that.
I am going to do the flip-flop wreaths with the supplies from the Dollar Tree.
Have about a dozen pairs of jeans I need to recycle or donate so I’m going to do the garland – will be great out on the patio and some throw pillows.
I’d like to try the wind chime made with keys.
I have quite the collection of denim. I think I’ll make the recycled denim pockets for classroom first! Then perhaps the aprons for my great granddaughters.
I like the jar rafts.
I love the rope covered box.
I have been wanting to make something like the Super Cute Bathroom Storage with Recycled Jars by Makeable Crafts
I just broke down 11 pairs of old jeans, so whatever my next project is, it will be denim!
Cake Stand from Unexpected Items by Makeable Crafts is one of the crafts i would make
Wind chimes with coffee cup!!
I would love to make Mason Jar Fairly Lanterns!
I love making recycled crafts.
I love the jar crafts
I love the rainbow made from cardboard, paint and paper. So cool!
Recycled jars and bottles are right up my alley!
I would try the recycled map family canvas project first.
We like the Cardboard Rainbow Art.
The Denim Apron Recycled Craft will be my next project.
First I’d like to make the READ recycled craft letters.
Windchime with old keys, I think my Muffins and I would have a great time with this
I to reused glass jars.
I would love to make a craft with mason jars!
I want to make an apron or purse out of old jeans!
I just love this one JAR CRAFTS WITH RECYCLED JARS AND BOTTLES looks great
So many fun ideas and
I would make the Super
Cute Bathroom Storage
with Recycled Jars by
Carla from Utah
I love all of your ideas. I think the mason jars are so cool.
i would like the make the recycled notebooks from cereal boxes first.
I just love recycling, upcycling, re-purposing and making all the things, my problem is coming up with the ideas and you solved that. Thank you!!!
I would like to try the mason jars and the key windchime
I really love the Halloween Spell Jars! How cute!
So many good ideas! Love them all. Esp the recycled map project. Super cool
Lots of fab ideas!! I esp love the storage jar idea from upcycled jars.
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
I actually just saw this woman on Instagram making pillows out of old jeans and sweaters and I thought that was soooooo cool! I see that you have using jeans in crafts listed, too!
I would make the Unicorn Pocket Pillow with Recycled Jeans.
I like the JAR CRAFT idea.
I love that one too!
while tidying up I found old maps would love to do the house map picture
I would love to try the JAR CRAFTS WITH RECYCLED JARS AND BOTTLES since I have so many jars in my home to use.
I’d make the fairy lantern.
So many awesome projects!