Printable puzzles are fun to do at parties, in the classroom and home with the family.
We all love a good word search around here. They are fun to do alone while drinking hot cocoa and sitting by the tree. This Christmas Printable Word Search is also great to do with others – each doing their own a racing to be the first to find all of the words. There is always someone in the group who circles all of the other words they find too.
Word Search Tips and Tricks
- Start by scanning every row. This helps find the first quick round of words.
- Look for strange letters.
- Scan for the first letter of a word and scan surrounding letters.
- Use the tip of your writing instrument to point as you scan.
- Draw a thin line through letters. The circle sometimes blocks other letters when it gets messy.
- Use a highlighter to mark the words as you find them.
The recipes for both the sugar cookies and the royal icing are here on the blog for you. I LOVE doing these fancy cookies for every possible reason. They do take a little bit of time BUT it is totally worth it
Best Ways to Use Free Printables
You might have seen this list from me before but I think it is worth sharing over and over. Sometimes the people in the back need to hear things a few times, right? There are so many great ways to use free printables. Here are some of my favorites.
- Print them and mail in an envelope with a stamp. Snail mail rocks.
- Batch some up to make an activity book. This is great for a road trip!
- Print and use at a place setting on the table to create a conversation starter.
- Add them to goody bags. By the way, goody bags are not just for birthday parties.
- Package them up with your favorite markers and crayons to give as a gift.
- Drop a few off at the local coffee shop with fun pencils to spread some happy.
- Cut them up to make cards, gift wrap and decorations.
BEST Tools For Working With Free Printables
These are my favorite tools and art supplies to use with free printables and why I love them too.
- Printer – This Laser Printer is inexpensive and works like a charm. It even works with Alexa. Bonus!
- Scissors – Lots of printables can be cut up to create decorations and cards and things like that.
- Markers and Crayons – All thing ooly work the best for me. I LOVE all of their markers, pencils and crayons.
- Colored Pencils – For adult coloring, PRISM makes the colored pencils that I love to use most.
- Twine – For creating banners and garlands from printables, I love this twine best.
- Adhesive – Lots of printables have pieces that get cut out and put together. This is my fave tape runner!
Christmas Printable Word Search Download
I LOVE the Black and White one because is allows for some extra coloring fun.
Of course the colored one is awesome too, especially to stick in a card or in the stocking.
Sharing is Caring!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
I would really love to hear what you think about this stencil making idea! If you try it out, I would sure like to see it! Share on Instagram, Facebook, or leave a comment/photo on the project pin on Pinterest! #LauraKellyDesigns
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, it is no extra cost to you but supports me and my small business.