How stinkin’ adorable is this happy hello rainbow cloud hanger.
To create this fabulous decorative cloud, you will need:
- White felt ( I used Kunin‘s premiere line because it is thicker than regular craft felt)
- Curling ribbon in the colors of the rainbow
- Buttons from my Laura Kelly collection with Buttons Galore
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Tulip Puffy Paint for the words
- Small Piece of ribbon for the hanger
The first step is to fold your felt in half and cut two clouds exactly the same (a front and back if you will). Then add a thick line of the tacky glue around the entire edge.
Next, place your small piece of ribbon where you want the top to be as the hanger. Then add about 3 feet or so of curling ribbon in all colors at the bottom of the cloud as shown here.
Press down on the glue all the way around to be sure it seals the cloud shut and holds the ribbon in. Use Tulip Puffy Paint to add your words. I wrote ‘hello’ but it fun to put a name here too and create a door hanger. J made hers say ‘Come In’ on one side and ‘Alone Time’ on the other.
I added my cloud to my studio decor and a reminder of happy bright and cheery thinking.
Happy Happy Happy,