DIY Elf Pillow
The annual pillow party is so much fun and this year I am crushing on my own DIY elf pillow. I made the cover with felt and used a 20 inch insert from Fairfield World. I always love the diversity and creativity displayed between all of the different makers who participate in the party. Keep reading to check them out for the 2020 edition of the Fairfield World Pillow Party!
- Pillow Insert
- Fabric and Felt
- Sewing Machine
- Needle and Thread to Stitch Closed
- Cut out two felt (or fabric) squares – each 22 inches.
- Next, cut out two pieces to make an elf hat. This could be any size and any color. I love that this part allows for maximum creativity.
- Now, cut out two elf ears. Again, they can be any size which makes this so much fun.
- Sew the hat pieces together along the two sides, leaving the bottom open. Stuff in with PolyFil, but just a little.
- Place the hat and ears on one of the squares facing to the inside and pin the other square on top. Sew around the pillow, leaving a 12-14 inch opening on the bottom.
- Flip the pillow and slide the insert in then sew closed.
- Add a pom-pom or bell to the hat.
- Add embellishments with fabric glue or by stitching.
Check out these other amazing ideas!
- Jolly Skull Pillow by Jane Claus
- No Sew Applique by Crafty Chica
- Three Gnomes Pillow by Makeable Crafts
- Comfy Cozy are We Pillow by Artsy Fartsy Mama
- JOY Pillow by Morena’s Corner
- Holiday Tree Pillow by Debra Quartermain
- Sequin Christmas Tree by Laura’s Crafty Life
- Moose Pillow by Amy Latta Creations
- Ugly Sweater Pillow by Creatively Beth
- Red Envelope Pillow by Doodle Craft
- Buffalo Plaid Pillow by Ann Butler
- Jingle All the Way Pillow by Ginger Snap Crafts
- Merry and Bright Pillow by Michelle’s Party Plan-It
- Chillin With My Gnomies by Crafty BlogStalker
- Tassel Pillow by CandyPo
- Envelope Pillow Tutorial by DoodleCraft
Enter to win a set of 6 pillow inserts!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out the pillow from last year! There were so many fun ones. This is my 2019 pillow.
YAY for DIY, Designers who Collaborate and Decorating All the Things!