Whip up a few pom pom pumpkins and make an adorable wreath!
I love all things yarn and this little diy wreath project does not disappoint. The special little tool from Red Heart Yarn takes all of the challenges out of making perfect and darling pom-poms. It allows them to be made in different sizes and OF COURSE – all of the colors. Red Heart has tons of amazing yarns to choose from! Wreath forms are so easy to find these days – even at the dollar stores!
Materials and Supplies Needed
- Super Saver Red Heart Yarn (Orange)
- Red Heart TOOL
- Grapevine Wreath (10-12 inches) – Can also be found at dollar store!
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Kunin Basic Felt (Greens and Browns)
Directions for Pom Pom Pumpkins Wreath
This wreath can be made with as many or as few pom pumkins as you wish. It is fun to create them in different sizes and different shades even too.
Make orange poms in different sizes using the Red Heart Maker. For the full tutorial on making these, check of this YouTube Vide.
POM POMS in Four Steps
- Basically, wrap the yarn about 100-150 times around the ends on the maker.
- Then tie tight knots with long pieces of yarn along the wrapping. Each of these will be the center of a pumpkin pom-pom. The closer they are together, the smaller and tighter the pumpkin will be. Like anything, a little practice and your poms will get better each time!
- Next, cut them apart.
- Trim the poms to make them nice and round.
Plug in the hot glue gun to warm up. Cut from felt, brown stems and green leaves.
Glue the felt pieces to the trimmed balls to make them into adorable pom pom pumpkins.
Use hot glue to add the pumpkins to the wreath. The small ones should be in the front to be most visable.
Make a yarn hanger for the wreath! Just use about 8-10 pieces an tie them on then tie an knot ant the length you like.
More YARN Craft Ideas
Sharing is Caring! Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
I would really love to hear what you think about this pom pom pumpkins wreath making idea! If you try it out, I would sure like to see it! Share on Instagram, Facebook, or leave a comment/photo on the project pin on Pinterest! #LauraKellyDesigns
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, it is no extra cost to you but supports me and my small business.