Harry Potter Wand Christmas Tree Ornament DIY
Christmas is such a magical time of year! This Harry Potter Wand Christmas Tree Ornament is a fabulous addition to add to a Harry Potter themed tree. It is also really fun to tie on to a gift. Making the wands is a great craft project for the entire family. It creates a wonderful opportunity to work on a holiday decor theme that makes everyone feel included. Let’s get started!
Materials Needed for a Harry Potter Wand Christmas Tree Ornament
Directions to Make a Harry Potter Wand Christmas Tree Ornament
Brush all of the dirt off of the sticks. Plug in your hot glue gun and let it heat up.
Drizzle hot glue on the stick either randomly or in patterns. After the glue cooled completely, it is optional to go back and add extra glue to get more details if desired.
Create a pallet for your paints. I like to use a white plate because the paint comes off the ceramic so easily.
With a paintbrush, mix the paints as desired and paint the sticks. Because this is messy, you might want to have a covering on your countertop or table first.
Once the paint is completely dry, tie a piece of twine to the wand to create a hanger so it can easily be added to the Christmas tree.
MORE Harry Potter Christmas Crafts
How cute are these other two Harry Potter ornaments for the Christmas tree?
- Grab the directions to make the broom ornaments and whip up a batch for all of the houses.
- Paint all of the characters you love most on glass ornaments with acrylic paints.
I love teaming up for Team Creative Crafts!
- Patronus Ornaments with Free Templates by Beth of Creatively Beth
- Magical Harry Potter Wand Ornament by Laura of Me and My Inklings
- Free Printable Happy Christmas Cards by Liz of Liz on Call
- Harry Potter Stocking Treat Boxes by Kimberly of Crafting Cheerfully
- Ornaments Inspired by Harry Potter by Ginger of Ginger Snap Crafts
- Hogsmeade for the Holidays SVG by Elise of Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Magical Harry Potter Christmas Ornament by Teresa of Simply Made Fun