How To Make Hot Cocoa Bomb Tips
I did it. At first I was a little hesitant but decided to get with the times and make hot cocoa bombs. To encourage you, I put together this quick How To Make Hot Cocoa Bomb Tips post to share a few of the things that made making them work for me. It was super fun to share on FOX News Denver this morning too. I will share a link to the video of the segment! Are you wondering what a hot cocoa bomb even is? Hot chocolate bombs or hot cocoa bombs are adorable little balls of a delightful mix that you put into a mug. When you pour hot milk into the mug, the chocolate melts and magically releases the mix inside.
When I shared these on the news, I also shared how fun it is to give them away and spread kindness. Here is a link to by my kindness books that are filled with amazing and super fun activities for all year round!
Ingredients for Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Hot Cocoa Bomb Molds
- Chocolate (Dark, Milk or White) that is meant for melting and setting in molds.
- Hot Cocoa Mix (Powder) – Here is GREAT homemade recipe
- Extras Yummies for the Insides and Outsides
- Parchment Paper
- Glass Bowls/Microwave
Here are some of my favorite extra treats to include either inside the bombs or sprinkled on the outside.
Directions for Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Melt Chocolate and spread a layer on the inside of the mold, leaving the majority of the cavity empty.
- Chill until chocolate hardens.
- Fill one half with hot cocoa mix and any extra yummies
- Dip the other half in melted chocolate and stick it the half that is filled to seal the bomb.
- Drizzle more melted chocolate over the top and add sprinkles or any of the extra yummies.
Hot Cocoa Bomb Tips
Only do a few at a time. The melted chocolate hardens faster than I thought.
Use a glass bowl to melt the chocolate. It is easier to see what you are working with.
Allow yourself a few test batches. It takes a little practice.
Get a good coat of the melted chocolate on the mold so it doesn’t break or have holes.
Use the same chocolate to seal the bombs as you use in the shells.
Here are some fun FREE Chrismas activities you can do while you drink your hot chocolate bomb delights.
Cheers and Love,