These mini apple beanbags in the classroom could create a lot of fun and a whole lot of learning! Making them is quick and easy and they last for a very long time.
They are so fun to make stuff with. I cut the apples out with my Ellison Superstar machine and used my apple die from the calendar collection then sewed two together and stuffed them. Easy peasy. I added extra felt and buttons on them to decorate them like I did for the chair pockets from earlier this week.
They are so fun and there are so many ways they can be used!
Here are ELEVEN great ways to use them in the learning environment, whether in a school or at home.
- Place a bean bag in front of a working student who is demonstrating good work habits (quiet, on task, etc.) Move it around as fitting.
- Tape a number to the bottom of the bag. Everyone says a number. The one closest to the number gets to do a special job (line leader, wash brushes, etc.)
- Pass the bean bag around while in a circle. Each student shares one thing when they have the bean bag that relates to your current lessons. Once they have gone, they stand up.
- Place photos of the students on the floor. Children take turns tossing the bag on a picture. Then they have to say three nice things about the student in the photo.
- Use the beanbag like musical chairs in a circle.
- Send the beanbag home each night with a different student and a journal. Have them write about a special place in their room where they kept the beanbag over night.
- Make a number board and have the students toss three bean bags onto the board and add up the numbers they land on.
- Use the beanbag to hold down papers that are handed in for homework.
- Estimate the weights of the beanbags then weigh them and compare numbers.
- Make a list of all the things that could be used to fill a beanbag.
- See who can walk across the room with the bag on their head the farthest and chart results then compare and contrast.
Check out these other awesome back to school projects in the Craft Lightning Back-To-School Series…
Washi Tape Pencils and Cup from Happiness is Homemade
And that wraps it up for today! Which one of these projects are you making first?
Cheers and Love,