Some kids love monsters and others are scared out of their minds of just the thought. Here is some monster fun and learning for kids.
M is for monster. This we know but little kids do not necessarily so we teach them. I doodled up a little printable that you can use with kids that allows them to design their own monster. You can grab it FREE right here.
I doodled up a few more and created a little gang of monsters. They are really cute and super friendly too. They are great for coloring or using as inspiration for creating. I am going to add them to my ShopLauraKelly store soon with a few other monster pages and fun sheets.
Coloring is fun. I like teaching kids to layer their coloring shades to make dots and stripes and designs in their work.
I grabbed some scrap felt from the bin.
Then I cut it out.
I sewed it up and stuffed it and I think I am in love. Wouldn’t he make an adorable classroom mascot. What should I name him. I think he looks like a great Chadster.
You can also use paper to create monsters.
How about writing a story or a monster description. Okay, learning is wayyyy more fun with snacks. These chocolate pretzel monsters are so easy to make and yummy too.
- 2 cups broken pretzel sticks
- 1 bag Wilton chocolate melts (orange)
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Break your pretzels and put them in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and mix it in the pretzels.
- Drop 1-2 inch blobs on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
- Add candy eyes.
- If you can't find orange chocolate, you can use white and add food coloring. Almond bark works too.
Cheers and Happy Scaring Away the Mean Monsters,