Painted Carrot Rocks
Here is a fun spring idea for painted carrot rocks with CARROTS for simple crafting with busy little kids – and a FREE printable that I whipped up for them to use in between drying times. Before you get started, think about the space where you will be creating and make sure that if you are crafting with kids you are prepared. This might mean covering a surface and providing aprons for the little ones.
You will need a few things…
- Clean and Dry Rocks
- Acrylic Paints
- Paint Brushes
Gather your rocks and make sure they are clean and dry before starting.
Paint your first layer and let it dry.
Paint your second layer and let it dry.
Coat the rocks with a layer of Decou-Page to seal the paint. If your kiddos are impatient during drying times, here is a fun printable that you can download it FREE right HERE to pass the time and have some fun!
Ways to Use Free Printables
You might have seen this list from me before but I think it is worth sharing over and over. Sometimes the people in the back need to hear things a few times, right? There are so many great ways to use free printables. Here are some of my favorites.
- Print them and mail in an envelope with a stamp. Snail mail rocks.
- Batch some up to make an activity book. This is great for a road trip!
- Print and use at a place setting on the table to create a conversation starter.
- Add them to goody bags. By the way, goody bags are not just for birthday parties.
- Package them up with your favorite markers and crayons to give as a gift.
- Drop a few off at the local coffee shop with fun pencils to spread some happy.
- Cut them up to make cards, gift wrap and decorations.
BEST Tools For Working With Free Printables
These are my favorite tools and art supplies to use with free printables and why I love them too.
- Printer – This Laser Printer is inexpensive and works like a charm. It even works with Alexa. Bonus!
- Scissors – Lots of printables can be cut up to create decorations and cards and things like that.
- Markers and Crayons – All thing ooly work the best for me. I LOVE all of their markers, pencils and crayons.
- Colored Pencils – For adult coloring, PRISM makes the colored pencils that I love to use most.
- Twine – For creating banners and garlands from printables, I love this twine best.
- Adhesive – Lots of printables have pieces that get cut out and put together. This is my fave tape runner!
More Carrot Crafts
Guided drawings are a fun way to teach following directions while being creative with younger kiddos. The steps for this project make it really easy.
I am loving this string art carrot hanging up in my home at this very minute. Get all of the details to make your own.
If you are looking for spring gift tags, these are really fun and simple to make.
Cheers to Crafting with Kiddos,