Create darling little gifts with a few basic things from the dollar store and these darling snowman soup poem tags.
Everything you need to make this can be found at the Dollar Store! Snowman soup makes a great gift when you have a group of people to give to. I love this as one of the best teacher gifts to give to students before the winter break. It is also fabulous to make and sell at a fundraiser for the holidays whether that is a craft fair or a bake sale. Because candy canes never really expire, I like to buy them ON SALE after Christmas and have ready to make loads of snowman soup when the next fall arrives.
Ingredients for Snowman Soup Gifts
- Hot Cocoa in Individual Packets
- Candy Canes
- Printed Poem Tags (See Below)
- Clear Bags
- Ribbons to Tie Closed
- Hole Punch (If tying tags to outside of bags)
All of the ingredients need to be packaged separately. Sometimes the most cost effective way to make this is to purchase a large bag of marshmallows then split that up into small bags for individual gifts.
Place a single packet of hot cocoa along with a candy cane and marshmallows in a clear bag.
Add the printed snowman soup poem tag into the front of the bag on the inside OR tie it on the outside by punching a whole in a corner.
How to Use the Snowman Soup Gift
Receiving this as a little gift is so much fun. Empty the hot chocolate packet into a large mug and add HOT water. Stir with the candy cane then add the marshmallows and let them melt. It is such a delicious treat. Sometimes we add other little candies, sprinkles and whipped cream to our hot cocoa.
FREE Printable Tags
Download and print the free printable snowman soup tags! Use them for single serving gifts or double them up. Feel free to add sprinkles, chocolate chips or even lollipops!
Best Ways to Use Free Printables Like Snowman Soup Poem
You might have seen this list from me before but I think it is worth sharing over and over. Sometimes the people in the back need to hear things a few times, right? There are so many great ways to use free printables. Here are some of my favorites.
- Print them and mail in an envelope with a stamp. Snail mail rocks.
- Batch some up to make an activity book. This is great for a road trip!
- Print and use at a place setting on the table to create a conversation starter.
- Add them to goody bags. By the way, goody bags are not just for birthday parties.
- Package them up with your favorite markers and crayons to give as a gift.
- Drop a few off at the local coffee shop with fun pencils to spread some happy.
- Cut them up to make cards, gift wrap and decorations.
BEST Tools For Working With Free Printables
These are my favorite tools and art supplies to use with free printables and why I love them too.
- Printer – This Laser Printer is inexpensive and works like a charm. It even works with Alexa. Bonus!
- Scissors – Lots of printables can be cut up to create decorations and cards and things like that.
- Markers and Crayons – All thing ooly work the best for me. I LOVE all of their markers, pencils and crayons.
- Colored Pencils – For adult coloring, PRISM makes the colored pencils that I love to use most.
- Twine – For creating banners and garlands from printables, I love this twine best.
- Adhesive – Lots of printables have pieces that get cut out and put together. This is my fave tape runner!
Sharing is Caring!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
I would really love to hear what you think about this fun snowman soup poem! If you try it out, I would sure like to see it! Share on Instagram, Facebook, or leave a comment/photo on the project pin on Pinterest! #LauraKellyDesigns
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, it is no extra cost to you but supports me and my small business.