Upcycled Sweater Pillow
I am kind of in love with this upcycled sweater pillow decor that I made as my project for the 2021 Pillow Party. The insert is a lumbar pillow from Fairfield World. It is a 14×28 inch pillow insert stuffed with Poly-Fil. It is super comfy, soft and squishy. Currently I have it on my bed and love using it on my lower back when I sit up and scroll though Instragram at night.
Supplies and Materials Need for an Upcycled Sweater Pillow
- Fairfield World Premier Poly-Fil Lumbar Pillow
- Sweater (Cable Knit or Tightly Knit)
- Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat
- Sewing Machine
- White Felt for Fringe Pom-Poms
Steps to Make Upcycled Sweater Pillow
Lay sweater out on cutting mat, inside out.
Cut sweater with outsides facing in to measure 14 1/2 by 28 1/2 using a rotary cutter on a cutting mat.
Sew around the edge leaving a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Leave an 8 inch opening to allow space to insert the pillow form.
Flip the sewn sweater rectangle right side out and insert the pillow form. Hand stitch the opening with thread that matches the sweater.
If desired, make pom poms from strips of felt to sew on the 4 corners of the pillow.
This adds a playful, fun and creative touch.
SO MANY GREAT IDEAS!
More Pillow Ideas with the Lumbar Pillow from Fairfield World
I am so excited to be co-hosting this online collaboration with one of my favorite companies, Fairfield World. A whole bunch of my favorite designers and bloggers created pillows with the lumbar pillow insert and collectively it makes a PILLOW PARTY of ideas for you. Here they are for the 2021 roundup of festive decorative ideas sponsored by Fairfield World.
- Upcycled Sweater Pillow by Laura Kelly at Me and My INKlings
- Vertical Christmas Trees Pillow by Creatively Beth
- Feelin’ Festive Christmas Tree Pillow By Simply Made Fun
- LLama Pillow by Morena’s Corner
- Patchwork Style Pillow by Lindsay from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Gnome Pillow by Five Little Monsters
- Home for the Holidays Pillow By A Sweet Berry Designs
- Envelope Closure Pillow by Crafty Blog Stalker
- Joy to the World Pillow by Laura’s Crafty Life
- Oh What Fun Pillow by Doodle Craft Blog
- Ombre Tree Pillow by Crafting Cheerfully
- Festive Pillow by Smitha Katti
- Frosty Holiday Pillow by Susie Bentz
- Black and White Pillow From Jenny’s Crayon Collection
- Darling Christmas PLAID Pillow by Creativities Galore
- Foxy Pillow by Debra Quartermain
- Merry and Bright Pillow by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- No Sew Snowman Pillow by We Can Make That
I sure hope you are inspired to make all the holiday pillows!