Here are some of the best ideas for Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day is such a beautiful time to love and appreciate all of the moms in our lives. These moms are our birth moms, adopted moms, grandmas, moms of friends, bonus moms and ALL the moms. Handmade cards and gifts are a great way to create something unique and special to let them all know how important they are in our lives. I sure hope you find an idea to inspire you here.
Before I share my 25 best Mother’s Day Ideas for kids to make, I am thrilled to share this super fun new printable! Download it and have your kids fill it in and color it then display it for mom to find. There are also blank versions for older kids in the activity pack.
Too busy to print this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Here are my 25 BEST Mother’s Day Ideas for Kids to make and create as a way to celebrate moms. I have gathered up lots of ideas from around my blog and sprinkled in a few free printables too. Have fun making and celebrating the amazing moms in your life.
BEST Tools For Working With Free Printables
These are my favorite tools and art supplies to use with free printables and why I love them too.
- Printer – This Laser Printer is inexpensive and works like a charm. It even works with Alexa. Bonus!
- Scissors – Lots of printables can be cut up to create decorations and cards and things like that.
- Markers and Crayons – All thing ooly work the best for me. I LOVE all of their markers, pencils and crayons.
- Colored Pencils – For adult coloring, PRISM makes the colored pencils that I love to use most.
- Twine – For creating banners and garlands from printables, I love this twine best.
- Adhesive – Lots of printables have pieces that get cut out and put together. This is my fave tape runner!
Best Mother’s Day Ideas for Kids
- Sculpey Clay Magnets for Mom and a Printable Book
- Paper Flower Note Cards
- Mini Garden Flags
- Mixed Media Flower Pot
- Upcycled Jar Fairy Lantern
- Pom Pom Garland
- Painted Rocks
- Clay Flowers
- Doodle Scarves
- Hand Painted Bird House
- Kunin Group Felt Stationery Organizer
- Cherry Man Cherry Banana Muffins for Moms with a Printable Card
- Plaid Crafts Garden in a Recycled Jar with Printable Tags
- Plaid Crafts Magnest for Mom
- Udderly Smooth Gifts with Printable Tags
- Expressions Vinyl Organization for the Gardening Mom
- Mother’s Day Travel Bag
- Fairfield World Garden Flags with Oli-Fun
Mother’s Day Book FREE Printable
This resource make it super easy to create something special for mom and additionally offers guided prompts. You can decorate the cover with a drawing or by creating a clay face that also makes a magnet. The best news is there a book for dad in here too! Download the book and have a ball.
Some of the best Mother’s Day Ideas for Kids are super easy.
Ways to Use Free Printables
You might have seen this list from me before but I think it is worth sharing over and over. Sometimes the people in the back need to hear things a few times, right? There are so many great ways to use free printables. Here are some of my favorites.
- Print them and mail in an envelope with a stamp. Snail mail rocks.
- Batch some up to make an activity book. This is great for a road trip!
- Print and use at a place setting on the table to create a conversation starter.
- Add them to goody bags. By the way, goody bags are not just for birthday parties.
- Package them up with your favorite markers and crayons to give as a gift.
- Drop a few off at the local coffee shop with fun pencils to spread some happy.
- Cut them up to make cards, gift wrap and decorations.
I would love to know how you celebrate Mother’s Day! Comment and let me know!
Cheers and Love,