Winter Snowman Bean Bag Toss Game
This DIY felt winter snowman bean bag toss game is a much fun to make as it is to play. Jordan is having a holiday party in a couple of weeks and we are working on coming up with things for young teens to do that will be fun and create laughter. This is one of those ideas. To make the game, we used some of the new felt designs from Kunin Group including the corduroys and the polka dots. This post is sponsored by Kunin Group but the ideas and opinions are my own.
Supplies Needed for Snowman Bean Bag Toss Game
You will need the following supplies:
- Kunin Group Felt Corduroy 9×12 – 4 White (Snowman), 1 Orange (Carrot Nose), 1 Black (Eyes), 2 Red (Hat)
- Kunin Group White Dot Coordinate (9×12) – 2 Black/White Dots
- Printable Pattern
- Sewing Machine, Thread
- Poly-Pellets and Fiber-Fil
Direction to Make Snowman Bean Bag Toss Game
To make the base snowman, follow these steps.
- Sew two pieces of white corduroy felt together on the twelve inch side then cut an eleven inch circle out of the center.
- Do this twice, once for each ball of the snowman.
- Sew the two balls together then zig-zag stitch around the entire outside of the snowman.
- Stitch a mouth on the top ball either by hand or on the machine.
To make the pieces, use the free printable patterns.
Cut out two for each piece (a front and a back) using the free patterns.
- Sew the fronts and backs together, leaving room to fill.
- Fill the pieces with a combination of Poly-Pellets and Fiber-Fil to get them the weight you want.
- Stitch the pieces closed.
- If you want to add trims to the pieces, it is a fun addition. We added to the hat.
Ta Da. You have a snowman toss game ready to go.
This was my best try with both eyes wide open. It is super fun to do blindfolded but gosh, kind of hard.
“You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.”
Cheers to the Holidays and Making Things with Kids,