This felt reindeer garland and Christmas decoration projects galore post shares lots of fun ways to celebrate the season while making things and having a ball. I made the felt reindeer garland with the Dresden template from Nancy’s Notions and it worked like a charm. I am also a member of the Kunin Felt Dream Team and love to create things with felt. This post is sponsored by Nancy’s Notions but the ideas are my own.
- Kunin Felt ½ Yard Brown Felt, 12×18 Black Felt, 12×18 White Felt, Scrap Red Felt
- Dresden Template
- Sewing Machine/Thread/Bobbin
- Frixion Pen
- Long Pins
- 1 ½ Yards Ribbon
- Use the Dresden template and the Frixion pen to trace onto the brown felt and cut out nine of these.
- Cut out 9 circles for noses, 2 inches in diameter, 8 black and one red.
- Cut out 18 1.5 inch white circles and 18 1 inch black circles for eyes.
- Cut out 18 black strips of felt approximately ½ inch wide by 3 inches long and 18 black strips approximately ½ inch wide by 2 inches long for antlers.
- Sew the eighteen antlers first by stitching a short piece across a long piece to form a cross.
- Cut an inch off the bottom of each brown reindeer head.
- Pin a nose, eyes and antlers to each reindeer head.
- Sew the pieces together including a zig zag stitch around the entire reindeer head and nose.
- Sew the pieces to your ribbon along the tops of the heads.
I rounded up some of my favorite Christmas decorating projects that I created this year for you!
- Vintage Home Coasters
- Quilted Christmas Tree Throw Pillow
- Santa Claus Placemat
- Snowman Pocket Ornament
Happy handmade Celebrations!