While grocery shopping this morning, I came across wide egg noodles. They were on the bottom shelf. They were looking up at me as if to say, “Buy me. Buy me and make tuna and mushroom casserole.” I grabbed a bag, circled back to the product department for fresh mushrooms and an onion and decided today was the perfect day for this.
It is one of my favorite things. My mom made it when I was growing up, less the mushrooms and onions! I have tweaked her recipe and am happy to share it with you. I can tell you this, the cheese makes it. You can use any shredded cheese but I LOVE sharp cheddar so that it what is in mine.
- 12 OZ Wide Egg Noodles Cooked
- 1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 C Sliced Mushrooms and 1/2 Onion Sauteed in 1 Stick Butter
- 1/2 C Mayo
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together and put in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Yummy! For real. Try it.
Cheers and Happy Tuna Casserole Making,