Create darling Earth Day gifts with these free printable tags.
Hip Hip Hooray for Free Printable Earth Day Tags. We give Valentine treats to our loves on Valentines Day but we love them every day of the year. I think we should give Earth Day treats too and still keep loving Mother Earth every day of the year too. I got out my Flock Transfer Sheets from Therm-O-Web to create adorable tags for awesome gifties. This post is sponsored by Therm-O-Web but the ideas and opinions are my own. I LOVE this Earth Day Craft so much because it creates a way to teach kids and spread kindness.
Materials and Supplies Needed for Earth Day Gift Tags
- Therm-O-Web Flock Transfer Sheets
- Scissors to Cut Hearts or Die-Cut Machine with Heart Die
- Tag Cut Outs in Assorted Sizes
- iCraft Tape Runner XL
- Therm-O-Web Easy-Cut Adhesive
- Hole Punch
- Hemp Cord, Twine or Ribbon
- FREE Printable Earth Day Tags
Flock Transfer Sheets
There are a lot of great ways to use flock transfer sheets. If they are new to you, here is some information to better help you understand what they are all about.
- They add a velvety texture and vibrant color to any project without the mess of traditional flock powders
- Flock sheets offer unlimited creative options when using your favorite stencils and dies on cards, layouts, mixed media, home decor and so much more
- Available in a variety of colors — I used two greens!
- Can be die cut or used with embossing folders to create tons of different styles
Directions for Using Flock Transfer Paper on Tags
Start by peeling one side off of a piece of Easy-Cut Adhesive and adhering it to the back of Flock Transfer Sheet.
Either run that through a die-cut machine to get hearts or cut them out using scissors. This will create a sticker-like flocked heart! How incredibly cool is that? This is such a fun material to use for an Earth Day craft because it feels like moss.
Next, peel off the other side of the adhesive and attach the heart to a tag. This could be any size. Once the hearts are attached, cut sentiments from the free printable to add using a Tape Runner XL (my fave tape runner because it has a closer to keep the adhesive from getting twisted or dirty — plus it is pink)!
If necessary, punch a hole in the tag then add hemp cord, ribbon or twine.
Earth Day Gift Ideas
Here are some super crafty gift ideas for you to go with the the free sheet of printable tags you can download.
Tie a tag to flowers in a jar. This is sure to be loved by any recipient, right?
Add a tag to a jar of dirt with some seeds attached. These are hummingbird flower seeds from my dad’s garden in Kentucky. He sends me a new batch each year to plant. They are like little magical red trumpets that grow into a vine. This Earth Day craft can be used so many ways!
For the tag on this reusable water bottle, I added a flocked heart to one of the already completed tags from the Earth Day free printable download.
I love the GIANT tag!
Look how smashingly fabulous it looks on this live topiary.
Just make a few and drop them off on a friend’s front porch!
Throw Back to 2014 Earth Day Tags!
Jordan made 23 grass seed gifts for her classmates using the gift tags and packaging a pre-made mix that we bought at the hardware store. They are totally adorable. We added a little note that told the kids what was in the grass mix with directions for planting. It is never to early to start teaching your kids ways to give, spread kindness and be a difference maker.
MORE Earth Day Printables
Grab this free collection of printables and have some fun!
Ways to Use Free Printables
You might have seen this list from me before but I think it is worth sharing over and over. Sometimes the people in the back need to hear things a few times, right? There are so many great ways to use free printables. Here are some of my favorites.
- Print them and mail in an envelope with a stamp. Snail mail rocks.
- Batch some up to make an activity book. This is great for a road trip!
- Print and use at a place setting on the table to create a conversation starter.
- Add them to goody bags. By the way, goody bags are not just for birthday parties.
- Package them up with your favorite markers and crayons to give as a gift.
- Drop a few off at the local coffee shop with fun pencils to spread some happy.
- Cut them up to make cards, gift wrap and decorations.
BEST Tools For Working With Free Printables
These are my favorite tools and art supplies to use with free printables and why I love them too.
- Printer – This Laser Printer is inexpensive and works like a charm. It even works with Alexa. Bonus!
- Scissors – Lots of printables can be cut up to create decorations and cards and things like that.
- Markers and Crayons – All thing ooly work the best for me. I LOVE all of their markers, pencils and crayons.
- Colored Pencils – For adult coloring, PRISM makes the colored pencils that I love to use most.
- Twine – For creating banners and garlands from printables, I love this twine best.
- Adhesive – Lots of printables have pieces that get cut out and put together. This is my fave tape runner!
Happy Celebrating Mother Earth with an Earth Day Craft!
сайт на заказ ценаoneseniorplace.com микрозаймы в новокузнецке деньги напрокат
3 thoughts on “Darling Tags for Earth Day Craft”
Love this, and the whole idea behind it!