Last Minute St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
The Cricut JOY is a fabulous crating machine for whipping up last minute St. Patrick’s Day ideas that are fun for decorating, celebrating and wearing. The folktales say that leprechauns jump through the air from here to there pinching everyone who is NOT wearing green on March 17th each year. These projects will ensure that you are pinch-proof.
Last Minute St. Patrick’s Day Ideas – St. Patrick’s Day DIY Apparel
Let’s start in the kitchen or the craft room. Adding an apron to your attire can not only keep your clothes from getting messy but by making it green can also keep you from being pinched. The Cricut Joy cuts iron-on vinyl in 5.5 inch wide strips WITHOUT the need of a mat. There are tons of adorable fonts and Irish images that you can grab in Cricut’s Design Space. I got all of my images for these two aprons there. Then I cut the words ‘PINCH PROOF’ on the Joy and the other design on my Cricut Maker because I wanted it to be larger.
I saved the Pinch Proof design as a public option so you can grab it already to go.
Another super easy way to avoid being pinched is to add some green to a tee. This shamrock is right out of Cricut Design Space too. I LOVE the glitter iron-on that smoothly makes it way through the Cricut Joy cutting out a perfect shape.
Would you look at all of those shamrock designs in Cricut Access Standard
Last Minute St. Patrick’s Day Ideas – St. Patrick’s Day DIY Decorations
Here are couple of fun ideas for DIY St. Patrick’s Day decorations. The Cricut Joy cuts out paper and cardstock too. There is a special (and 100%) adorable mat that was made just for the Joy.
Cutting out shapes like shamrocks and hearts from scraps will provide darling additions to goodies. Rainbow seeds are always a good idea. You can grab the FREE printable to add to sprinkles, rainbow candies or cereals HERE.
FREE Saint Patrick’s Day Puzzles and Printables
If you decide to take a crafting break from all of these last minute St. Patrick’s Day ideas and want to color or solve puzzles, here are a few fun printables for you too!
Ways to Use Free Printables
You might have seen this list from me before but I think it is worth sharing over and over. Sometimes the people in the back need to hear things a few times, right? There are so many great ways to use free printables. Here are some of my favorites.
- Print them and mail in an envelope with a stamp. Snail mail rocks.
- Batch some up to make an activity book. This is great for a road trip!
- Print and use at a place setting on the table to create a conversation starter.
- Add them to goody bags. By the way, goody bags are not just for birthday parties.
- Package them up with your favorite markers and crayons to give as a gift.
- Drop a few off at the local coffee shop with fun pencils to spread some happy.
- Cut them up to make cards, gift wrap and decorations.
BEST Tools For Working With Free Printables
These are my favorite tools and art supplies to use with free printables and why I love them too.
- Printer – This Laser Printer is inexpensive and works like a charm. It even works with Alexa. Bonus!
- Scissors – Lots of printables can be cut up to create decorations and cards and things like that.
- Markers and Crayons – All thing ooly work the best for me. I LOVE all of their markers, pencils and crayons.
- Colored Pencils – For adult coloring, PRISM makes the colored pencils that I love to use most.
- Twine – For creating banners and garlands from printables, I love this twine best.
- Adhesive – Lots of printables have pieces that get cut out and put together. This is my fave tape runner!
Do you want to make a leprechaun trap. You can use the Cricut Joy to create a magic wand to lure them which is super fun. Grab the details here on the blog and get to making.
YAY! Yay for DIY, for Crafting and for Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day!