EEEEKKKKKKK!!!!! We love Mexican dips with tortillas around here so this layered black olive spider dip is a hit. I made it last night for Halloween snacking as an alternative to candy and the kids went nutzo.
It is pretty simple. Here is the recipe.
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 C shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican mix)
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 avacados
- 1/4 C sour cream
- LARGE pitted black olives
- Candy eyes
- Chunkless salsa
- Spread the beans as the bottom layer in a round pie dish.
- Cover with cheese and bake for 15 minutes to heat and melt cheese.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients except the olives, eyes and salsa.
- Spread mixture over melted cheese, evenly.
- Make three circles with the salsa using the end of utensil. This takes a little time.
- Use the end of spoon to drag lines from the center out to make it look like a web.
- Add your spiders. Cut the olives in half lengthwise for bodies then the other halves to make legs. To attach eyes, use a tiny weenie bit of sour cream
- Serve with tortilla chips. It is good hot and cold.
Which layer would be your favorite? Mine? The cheese of course!!!
Oh yeah, about those leftover black olives. Put them in a bowl. I am sure there is a kid in your house who wants to wear them all as rings on fingers!
Cheers to Creating EEEEEKY yummy fun,