My mom was not really a very good cook. It’s true. If you knew her, share a comment and validate me please! However, she did have a few really good recipes that she made in excellence. This is one of them. My mom’s amazing chicken divan was my favorite meal growing up. I made it for my Bunko group this week and they all asked for the recipe. So, here it is!
Here is the recipe!
- Frozen Broccoli Florets – 20 (Thawed but NOT cooked)
- 2 C shredded meat from Rotisserie Chicken (NOT the skin)
- 1 C Shredded SHARP Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup - Gluten Free
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup - Gluten Free
- ½ White Onion Sautéed
- 1 C Sautéed Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 TB Mayonaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x12 glass baking dish, lay out broccoli on the bottom.
- Add chicken as a second layer.
- Add your sauce as a third layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serves 6-8
It is super yummy with a salad of mixed greens with orange dressing and iced tea!
You can make it without the cheese but to be honest, the cheese is my favorite part. There is nothing that could ever replace the melted SHARP cheddar cheese on top of this! If you want it to be gluten free, be sure to use gluten free soup!
If you are wondering what it looks like as the cooking process occurs, this picture is for you. It is best to cook it alone so nobody sneaks and eats your broccoli and chicken before the sauce gets added!