Peach Freezer Jam Recipe and Printable Gift Tag
Over the weekend we visited the local product farm and picked up some freshly picked peaches. We turned them into a delicious treat! I am so excited to share this easy peach freezer jam recipe and printable gift tag so you can make it too. Whether you plan to spread it on toast or put it on ice cream, peach freezer jam is fabulous. I think it makes a sweet little gift too.
Ingredients and Direction for Making Peach Freezer Jam
The first step is going to be to peel the peaches. Here is a super little tip to easy peach peeling. Lower 2-3 peaches into a pot of boiling water. Leave them in the water for 25-30 seconds. Take them out and put them straight into a bowl of ice water. It shock them! The flesh won’t cook but the skin will peel right off without even a knife!
- 3 C Pureed Peaches (With NO Peels)
- 4 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 C Water
- Liquid Fruit Pectin ( LOVE the liquid because it makes the process so much easier!)
- Mix the 3 C peach puree with 1 C sugar. Let it rest for 5 minutes allowing the sugar to be soaked in.
- Repeat this step with the rest of the sugar then stir in the lemon juice.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes then taste it to see if there are any grainy remnants from the sugar. If there are — place the bowl over apan of hot water on the stove and stir until the sugar is all dissolved into the peach mixture)
- Pour in one pouch of Sure-Jell Certo Liquid Fruit Pectin. Mix on low for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Pour into glass containers. Let sit at room temperature for a day before putting in the fridge. It is good for 3 weeks.
FREE Printable Peach Gift Tags
Which one is your favorite. I LOVE the first one and think it is 100% perfect for this little peachy gift of beverages and fruit.
It is also delicious on ice cream!
I created a fun little set of mini printables games for you to do with your kiddos while you eat your first batch of homemade peach freezer jam. Download free and have a peachy keen time.
Cheers to Peaches!
This post contains affiliate links.