We love this salad so much. We call it ‘Strawberry and Friends Salad’ because we don’t always put the same ingredients in it. For this post, with a defined recipe, we are calling it Strawberry Lime Juice Tossed Salad. It is great because it is all so good for you. With lime juice as the natural marinade and dressing, it is a crispy sweet salad that I can eat all day long without guilt.
You will need bunches of fresh fruits (and some veggies too). The best thing about this salad is that you can substitute ingredients. This is how it starts.
Chop it all up.
Marinate the red onion slices in lime juice. This is super important. The longer you do this, the better the salad will taste.
These strawberries were perfect. I LOVE strawberry season.
So, here you go…the recipe.
- 2 C halved strawberries
- 1 C sliced mini tomatoes
- 3 C cubed watermelon
- 2 C chopped cucumber
- 1 C sliced red onion marinated in lime juice (3 limes)
- Fresh greens
- Avocado slices
- Slice red onions and marinate in lime juice for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut up other ingredients then toss in a large bowl.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve over greens with avocado slices on top.
- Makes approximately 8 servings. Goes great with grilled meats in the summertime.
You can substitute and add ingredients to this delicious salad. It is great with feta cheese, apples and walnuts too.
Now, go check out all of these fantabulous recipes from other bloggers. Then go to the store and get loads of strawberries!!!
Cheers to Creative Cooking,