Autumn Felt Pumpkin Patch Decor
I love autumn and all things pumpkin. The colors orange and green together just make me happy. I have been sharing ideas all week for ways to DIY, cook and craft your own festive ways to celebrate Halloween and the autumn season. This autumn felt pumpkin patch is so darling and works great as a beginner sewing project. Kunin Group felt is the best. It is made from recycled bottles which makes it even more awesome. It kind of means that every project is a recycled project.
To get started, you will need a few things:
- Kunin Group eco-Fi Plus Felt (Orange, Green, Brown)
- Sewing Machine
- Poly-Fil Stuffing
My Favorite Sewing Supply List
These are the sewing supplies that I keep on hand at all times. They get used over and over again and again in so many of my projects.
- Sewing Machine – This one has FIFTY built in stitches!
- Ready Made Bobbins – I am not a fan of making my own bobbins so I LOVE these.
- Fabric Scissors – These are great because they cut through multiple layers of fabric.
- Pin Cushion and Pins – The cuter the better. I love this hedgehog.
- Poly-FIl Stuffing for Pillows
- Poly-Pellets for Bean Bags and Weighted Projects – The POUR bag makes all the difference.
- Rotary Cutter and Mat
Directions to Make Felt Pumpkin Patch
Print the pattern. It is free PDF that you can download.
Cut out the pumpkins, place them on the felt (2 pieces deep) and pin them in place to cut them out. You will need two matching pieces for each pumpkin
Cut out stems and leaves for each pumpkin.
Sew around the pumpkins with a zig-zag stitch, sewing the stems and leaves into the stitching. Leave an opening in each for stuffing.
Stuff your pumpkins and sew them closed. Don’t over-stuff.
Reasons to Decorate Your Home
There are so many great reasons to decorate your home. The decor determines the mood and the feel for your family and all who enter. It is a form of expression. A home that is well decorated can lower anxiety and create a sense of ease and peace. Different rooms can have different vibes determined solely by the decor — from the colors to the furniture to the accent decor. Here are my top five reasons to decorate your home and invest in the process.
- A well decorated room creates a space for healthy living including the atmosphere as well as the functionality.
- Decorated spaces can promote well being, creativity, better rest, etc.
- It is fun.
- Home decor can change with the seasons, the holidays, and the times. It is a way to update style.
- There are no rules to home decorating. Your home is unique to you and your family.
More Halloween Decoration Ideas with Felt
If you like sewing with felt, you might also like these projects.
Felt and Pom-Pom Treat Bags
These felt and pom-pom treat bags are an adorable way to create a holder for Halloween trick-or-treat bags
Cheers to Felt Halloween Projects,