Love Pig Softie Sewing Pattern for Your Valentine
Stuffed animals are always a great Valentine’s Day gift idea. With oodles of felt in the studio, we sometimes just create from scratch. I doodled up a pig pattern for Valentines Day so I could create something special one of my kiddos. This little pig would be a fabulous addition to story telling with kids too. There are so many fantastic picture books with pigs as well as the famous tale of the Three Little Pigs. This Pig Softie Sewing Pattern is super beginner friendly and great for kids to use too. It is stuffed with Poly-Fil from Fairfield World but could be stuffed with Poly-Pellets to create a beanbag too. This post is sponsored by Fairfield World but the ideas and opinions are my own.
- Pink Felt or Fabric (Really Could be Any Color)
- Poly-fil for Stuffing Animal
- Sewing Machine (Could Also Hand Stitch)
- FREE Pattern
- Buttons for Eyes
- Embroidery Floss for Stitching Details
- Fairfield World Stuffing Tool (Comes in Large Bags of Poly-fil)
The pattern is easy-peasy and you can download it free here.
Use felt (or pink fabrics for the pig pieces). Of course any colors would work and truthfully you could make a rainbow assortment of cute little piggies.
These are the steps I used to make the pink felt pig. For the fabric pig, I used the sewing machine to sew on the snout and heart.
- I sewed the front and back of the ears together and did the same for the arms.
- Then I stitched the snout to the front body and added the buttons for eyes.
- I added a few stitches to the snout while I had the black floss needle threaded.
- Then I added the heart to the front body by hand stitching too.
- Next, I pinned the arms and ears to the body front and then sewed the back to it leaving a little opening, flipped it and stuffed it with Poly-fil from Fairfield.
- To close it up, I hand stitched the opening closed.
Ta Da! It is so squealing cute that I took a road trip to photograph it in front of this beautiful barn.
I think I will create a farm friend for him. Any animal suggestions? I am thinking a cow would be best.
2 thoughts on “Love Pig Softie Sewing Pattern”
This is just too darn cute! Thank you for sharing Laura!
Little lamb would be cute, or a barn cat! LOL!