Springtime Easter Bunny Garland Printable Decor Project
I love springtime and just can’t wait for it to arrive. I mean our snow covered backyard is gorgeous but there is something magical about blooming flowers and baby animals. I have created some fun projects to share in my DIY Easter series and am excited to share this one with you. I made a quick banner with felt and a little stitching that turned out darling. It makes a great little decoration for the home to create some bunny love and spring spirit. I hop you love this Easter Bunny Garland Printable project.
To create this banner you will need the following materials and supplies.
- Kunin eco-fi Classic Felt (9 x 12) in Apple Green, Pink and Black
- Kunin eco-fi PLUS felt (12 x 18) in White
- Embroidery Floss in a Variety of Colors
- Pattern (Free PDF)
- Beacon Felt Glue
- Start by folding the white felt in half and pinning the pattern through both layers. Cut out two bunnies.
- Add a black nose to one bunny (can use felt or embroider) and stitch whiskers, mouth and eyes.
- Add pink felt inside the ears if desired. You can stitch or glue.
- Cut out three sizes of the fluffy tail from the pattern and stitch them to the other bunny in the middle. The tighter you get the stitch, the fluffier it will be.
- Use the other colors of felt to create a few flowers about half the height of the bunnies with either needle/thread or glue.
- Sew the flowers and the bunnies to a long (at least 24 inches) of ribbon. You can glue if that is your preference.
Ta Da! I love the bunny from the front.
But the bunny from the back is even cuter. I love the way the little tail fluffs up.
This is a great beginner craft or a craft to do with kids. It can be made more challenging with adding embroidery or can be super simple with felt glue. It is fun for spring decor and also Easter so works for all kids.
PRO TIP – When cutting felt, use sharp scissors. Kids are more successful with sharp scissors and have less of a chance of getting hurt than struggling with dull ones, whether making this Easter Bunny Garland printable project or something else.
How To Involve Kids in DIY Projects
Do It Yourself projects are a great way to get the kids involved in making decorations. This gives them the opportunity to participate in what their environment looks and feels like – whether at home, school or camp. When kids have been included in the ideas and the creating, they have a sense of inclusion and importance, It is a way to have them learn that their vote counts.
If you are not aligned with your kid’s ideas for decorations because it’s not your look or style, don’t dismiss them. If they use this easter bunny garland printable in a totally different way, it is okay! A good way to empower them to continue to express themselves is to allow them to have a large say in how they decorate their own space (bedroom or homework station). If you want to raise your kids to successfully be able to have a style of their own, it starts by giving them a say when they are little.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Cheers to Bunnies,
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.