It is great to get prepared for back to school season with some paper and pencil fun!
Use these fun printable activities at home or at school. They work with groups of kids in after school programs and Girl Scouts too!
Five FREE Back to School Printables
This first one is great for getting back into the mindset of school days. It is fun to do with crayons, markers and even highlighters. Do you prefer circling the words or drawing lines through them for word search puzzles? Grab the Word Search and GET STARTED!
Sometimes it is a good idea to have kids prepare for a new year by checking in with themselves and getting some ideas on paper to set expectations. This is a great little activity to get them grounded and thinking.
Here is another version of a getting prepped for a new year activity. This one has a little more detail and involves the opportunity for creativity through coloring.
If you are a teacher prepping for the year, get those birthday certificates READY to go with this free downloadable with two per page.
MORE Back to School Printables
Best Ways to Use Free Printables
You might have seen this list from me before but I think it is worth sharing over and over. Sometimes the people in the back need to hear things a few times, right? There are so many great ways to use free printables. Here are some of my favorites.
- Print them and mail in an envelope with a stamp. Snail mail rocks.
- Batch some up to make an activity book. This is great for a road trip!
- Print and use at a place setting on the table to create a conversation starter.
- Add them to goody bags. By the way, goody bags are not just for birthday parties.
- Package them up with your favorite markers and crayons to give as a gift.
- Drop a few off at the local coffee shop with fun pencils to spread some happy.
- Cut them up to make cards, gift wrap and decorations.
BEST Tools For Working With Free Printables
These are my favorite tools and art supplies to use with free printables and why I love them too.
- Printer – This Laser Printer is inexpensive and works like a charm. It even works with Alexa. Bonus!
- Scissors – Lots of printables can be cut up to create decorations and cards and things like that.
- Markers and Crayons – All thing ooly work the best for me. I LOVE all of their markers, pencils and crayons.
- Colored Pencils – For adult coloring, PRISM makes the colored pencils that I love to use most.
- Twine – For creating banners and garlands from printables, I love this twine best.
- Adhesive – Lots of printables have pieces that get cut out and put together. This is my fave tape runner!
Sharing is Caring!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
I would really love to hear what you think about these Back to School Printables! If you try it out, I would sure like to see it! Share on Instagram, Facebook, or leave a comment/photo on the project pin on Pinterest! #LauraKellyDesigns
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, it is no extra cost to you but supports me and my small business.