DIY Friendship Bracelet
At some point in every kid’s childhood, they make or receive a friendship bracelet. The act of creating them to give away is filled with so much heart and kindness. My girls have made a bazillion of them over the years. This DIY Friendship Bracelet tutorial is the easiest one I know and has been used my kids and my Girl Scout troop. A DIY Friendship Bracelet can be worn on the wrist and ankle. Let’s make one!
SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS
- Hemp Cord or Embroidery Floss
- Beads (Optional)
- Tack or Tape to Hold Down While Weaving
For this project, you will need a selection of hemp cord from Hemptique. This is the CORD THAT I USED!
Steps to Make Friendship Bracelets
- Cut 5 pieces of craft thread (30 inches long each). Fold the floss in half and tie a know about 2 inches from the fold. It will make a loop. Match the colors up to make 5 strands.
- Starting with the color on the left, weave it through the other colors (over then under then over then under). Pull it up tight while keeping the rest of the colors in place.
- Do the same thing with the other colors from left to right until your bracelet is long enough.
- Tie the pieces all together into a knot.
- Put the bracelet on a wrist and tie the ends together tightly then cut the excess.
There are so many colors of hemp cord to choose from. Here is a list of ideas to use when choosing colors:
- School Colors
- Team Colors
- House Colors
Ten Reasons to Craft
I am going to say this again. Crafting is just a great idea. It is proven that crafting can be really good for mental and emotional health. Studies show that making and crafting can lower anxiety. Another benefit to crafting is that it creates connection. When we make things and give them to others, we spread kindness and love. Here are my top ten reasons to craft with kids, and I mean kids of all ages.
- Mental Health Benefits – Crafting puts me in a good mood.
- Self Expression – Crafting allows me to express myself.
- Education and Growth – I learn new skills by making things.
- Connection – Crafting connects me others through workshops, classes and gifting.
- Decor – Through making and crafting, I can totally customize every aspect of my decor.
- Gift Giving – Gifts is totally my love language. I love to make handmade gifts.
- Offline Time – Crafting keeps me off of my phone and social media. We all know this can be beneficial.
- Income – Because I craft and sell items that I make, I have an additional income source.
- Fun – I like to have fun and to me, making things is fun.
- Socializing – Attending events where crafting is a part gets me out and around others with like minds.
Friendship bracelets spread kindness. There are TONS of great posts here with kindness crafts but this is my favorite.
Cheers and Love,