I LOVE tye dyed Girl Scout bags. The girls can be so expressive with their own messages and colors and imaginations. A huge thanks to Oriental Trading for sending me the supplies to make and share this craft. It is day FIVE of Craft Lightning and I am over the moon excited about all of the amazing things that have been shared this week. Being a guest co-host with 30 Minute Crafts and Country Chic Cottage is such an honor. They definitely picked me for the right series because I LOVE GIRL SCOUTS!
To create these bags, you will need a few things…
- Tote Bags
- Tulip One Step Tie Dye (Includes rubber bands and gloves)
- Permanent Marker (Tombow MonoTwin)
- Running Water
- Ziploc Bags
- Pony Beads and Ribbon If Desired
Here are your simple directions…
- Write you message on your bag with a permanent marker.
- Get your bag soaking wet the rubber band it up.
- Apply dye (water added to bottle then shaken).
- Let bag sit in ziploc bag for 8 hours.
- Remove rubber bands and rinse.
- Add ribbon or pony beads on string to handle if desired.
Ta Da!!! I love the pony beads as an additional decoration to match the colors of the dyes.
Here are the awesome sauce projects that were shared yesterday by other blogger friends! First is Kara from Happy Go Lucky Blog. She is so creative and fun and I am super proud to share that she is a member of my Laura Kelly Design Team! Check out this Geo Swag.
Katie Berry is also on my design team and one of MY BESTEST friends ever. I love that she made a water bottle holder and love love love that she used one of my dies for Sizzix on it! She is sharing it over on A Sweet Berry Blog.
Over on Delicate Construction, you can find a great way for organizing patches!
These Crabby Scout Crafty Creations over of Frog Prince Paperie are darling!
Angie is sharing these easy airbrushed shirts over on Country Chic Cottage.
Carolina came up with a super awesome educational project for flag retirement over on 30 Minute Crafts.
And that’s a WRAP! Cheers to Girl Scouts. Cheers to Boy Scouts. Cheers to ALL Scouts.