Tie Dye Tote Bag Craft for Girl Scouts
I LOVE tye dyed Girl Scout bags. The girls can be so expressive with their own messages and colors and imaginations. Every girl has a special message to share with the world and this craft gives them the chance to do just that. Tie Dyeing is so much fun to do while camping because there is plenty of time for the whole process. Of course it can be done at a meeting too but the bags would have to go home with directions for rinsing and washing. Let’s make some tie dye tote bag fun.
Materials and Supplies Needed
To create these bags, you will need a few things. You can use this same list of materials to tie dye other things too. Some of the common items girls like to dye are t-shirts, socks, headbands and scarves.
- Tote Bags
- Tulip One Step Tie Dye (Includes rubber bands and gloves)
- Permanent Marker (Tombow MonoTwin)
- Running Water
- Ziploc Bags
- Pony Beads and Ribbon If Desired
Directions for Making a Tie Dye Tote Bag
Here are your simple directions…
- Write you message on your canvas with a permanent marker.
- Get your bag soaking wet the rubber band it up.
- Apply dye (water added to bottle then shaken).
- Let your masterpiece sit in ziploc bag for 8 hours.
- Remove rubber bands and rinse.
- Add ribbon or pony beads on string to handle if desired.
Ta Da!!! I love the pony beads as an additional decoration to match the colors of the dyes.
Another Tote Bag Idea
This rainbow tote bag is also made with fabric dye. It is easy and fun. I think girls of all ages and levels would love it. It would work with the written messages in permanent markers too. Grab the deets HERE on the blog.
More Camping Crafts