Recycled Jeans Bracelet with Twine or Cord
Everyone loves a good recycling project when it comes to those favorite jeans that have worn out beyond wearing. This fashion statement is a fun one because it is simple and fun while creating something unique and trendy. This is a great crafty project to make with your friends or your Girl Scout troop. There is something magical about having the opportunity to create a piece of jewelry in the colors and style that you love. Let’s make a Recycled Jeans Bracelet with hemp cord from Hemptique.
Materials and Supplies Needed
This bracelet could be made shorter or longer depending on how many times you want it to wrap around your wrist. It could also be worn as an ankle bracelet depending on the length. The variety of colors used is totally up to the maker. Hemptique has hemp cord in so many beautiful colors so pretty much anything is possible.
- Inseam Stitching From a Pair of Jeans 12-14 Inches in Length
- Twine (Hemptique Hemp Cord is my FAVORITE)
- E-6000 Fabri-Fuse Adhesive
- Clips or Clothespins
- Big Eyed Needle
Start by cutting the inseam out of a pair of jeans. For shorter lengths, the sewing around the bottom of the leg works great.
Wrap it around your wrist (or ankle) twice to measure for length. Add one inch to allow a little flexibility then cut it.
Choose the colors of hemp cord that you want to use and cut a piece in each color 12 inches in length. If you are using only a few colors, cut several pieces of each. I love all the rainbow colors so made mine with as a piece of rainbow jewelry. I find that it goes with all of my basic solid color summer tees. That is the magic of the recycled jeans bracelet. It can be any color.
Start in the middle and apply E-6000 Fabri-Fuse to the BACK side of your inseam.
Put one end of a piece of your twine at the edge and wrap the twine around the fabric, making sure it ends in the back. Use scissors to trim if necessary.
Put a clip on the twine to hold it in place while it dries.
Next, add blocks of color using the same technique out from the center in both directions – stopping an inch from each end. Let this dry for a few hours.
Lastly, create a clasp to close your bracelet and secure it on your wrist. Use a needle and thread to sew a large bead to one end. on the other end, stitch a large loop that tightly slips over the bead.
More Ideas with Hemptique Hemp Cord Twine
There are so many great ways to use twine. Here are a few of my favorites in addition to the recycled jeans bracelet.
- Macrame Barrette – Easy First Macramé Project
- Hemp Cord Wrapped Candles – OVER on Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Macrame Wall Art – Great First Macramé Project
- Carrot String Art Wall Decor – Great for Easter and springtime!
- Rainbow Tassels and Clothespin Leprechaun – Perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day Decor
- Beginner String Art – Step By Step Directions
- Repurposed Window Message Center – This is my favorite project on display in my studio.
- Color Blocked Jars – I love these for organizing and decorating too. Get the directions!
- Farmhouse Decor with Hemp Cord – I LOVE this wrapping technique
- Back to School Ruler Wreath
- Worry Dolls – Such a Fun Way to Create Adorable Decor or Play Toys
- Easy Friendship Bracelets
- Rainbow Beaded Friendship Bracelet – Over on Artsy Fartsy Mama
Beth used Hemptique Hemp Cord to make this season photo frame over on Creatively Beth. Hop over there to get all of the deets.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
XO and Cheers to Reycyled Jeans Bracelet Creations!